California Dreamin'

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

 I started this post a couple of weeks ago, on a day much like today--overcast and raining. While snow is what's coming down now, cold and yucky was the common denominator.  Our youngest son, Daniel, was home from school that day with flu-like symptoms and I spent much of the afternoon hovering nearby.  The computer happens to be in the family room, near the couch, perfect for me to work on uploading photos from the "good" camera.  While doing so, I discovered all the vacation photos my husband took of our trip to California in October.  Man, if that didn't send me off to day-dreaming mode and I knew I had to share.  I had posted some of the pics that I took with my phone on Facebook, but didn't realize how many more we actually had.  Well, something interrupted me in the process of writing this--still can't recall why I didn't make it back--and here I am again thinking about our beautiful, 8-day trip to the West coast.
Like I've said, Gregg returned home from a year-long deployment in June and right away we moved back to the Midwest.  We took a family vacation just before the move, but hadn't been away ourselves since 2006.  After discussing where we would both like to go, we settled on Napa Valley.  We're wine drinkers--white, red, sweet or dry--prefer it to just about any other alcoholic beverage.  Given that we wouldn't be taking our kids to wine country, this seemed like the perfect getaway.  
Please forgive the long string of photos, I'm keeping the captions brief because of it.  Enjoy!!
Ghirardelli Square

Cioppino at Tadich Grill--San Fran's oldest restaurant

View from Water's Edge hotel in Tiburon--sunset
Morning walk in Tiburon, hotel 2nd bldg. on left
Ferry Stop, next door to hotel
Cafe near Water's Edge
Morning Walk--Golden Gate from Tiburon
Lunch in Yountville
French Cafe--waiting to be seated


McKenzie Mueller Vineyards--Napa
McKenzie Mueller 
Grape skins fermenting
Pushing down the skins at Hopper Creek in Yountville
Tasting on patio at Hopper Creek

Hess Barrel Room  
Cardinale Winery

Traditional Home Magazine Napa Showhouse Tour
Wine Tasting in Sonoma County
Alexander Valley Vineyard Cave Tour
AVV Cave Storage
Wine and Cheese Pairing--Alexander Valley
Gregg--Alexander Valley 
Me--Alexander Valley














October Vineyard






Muir Woods near Mill Valley


View from Highway 1
































All photos taken by us



















1 comment:

  1. Mere -- what beautiful pix! I esp. like them considering we have 2 feet of snow that I can see outside our living room door as I write this! The trip sounds like one we would enjoy. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Ginger & Co All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger