A Project in the Works

Thursday, December 26, 2013

I have an addiction.  To fabric.  Everyone knows this.  I don't try to hide it.  The problem with it now is, there isn't a place left in our house to stash my yardage. It appears that I might be hoarding it by the looks of my store room.  I don't pay much for it, and I have something in mind to make with each and every piece I buy.

This particular roll was a steal!!  Really, I nearly stole it.  They all but paid me to take it out of the store.  So, what's a girl to do?  Why, make new roman shades for my kitchen of course.  I've never made them, but I'm pretty sure I can.  At least I'm going to try.  It was cheap enough that if I mess up and the whole lot is lost, no biggie.  Actually, it would be a big deal because I really like the blockprint pattern on linen and I've been looking for something affordable like this for a while.

This is the perfect post-holiday project.  All the decorations come down and the house feels a little bare.  Dressing our windows in something other than the white, plastic mini-blinds that came with the quarters is exactly what's needed.  I've watched a dozen YouTube tutorials, read some online instructions and even bought a pattern.  I have all the hardware and lining. I think this is 11 yards, and my windows are small, so let's cross our fingers that I have enough for 3.  Now, where to begin?

I'll keep you posted as I go, but I'm not to the DIY tutorial stage yet.  Maybe after the first window is done and I'm sure of my steps, I'll post some pictures of how I did it.  Check back soon to see my progress.


John Robshaw for Duralee Kedara in aqua/cocoa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ginger & Co All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger