White Christmas?

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Whoa, we've had some kind of weather these last couple of weeks!  So far, our kids have missed 3 full days, and two half days of school.  I think we have had more snow/ice than the whole of last year, in just over a week.

I absolutely love a snow day, when you can cozy up with cocoa and a good book.  Unfortunately, we're so busy not even bad weather can slow us down.  'Tis the season, right?  After another round came through Friday night and into the morning hours Saturday, we traveled to our sons college town, 2 hours north, to visit and do some shopping.  We wouldn't have ventured out in those conditions ordinarily, but it was our only day to spend time with him before he comes home Christmas Eve. We made it there and back just fine, but I felt like one of those crazy people that ends up in a ditch and we all wonder what was so important they had to be out driving.

I wish I'd have taken pictures on the drive, it was absolutely breathtaking.  For some reason I always feel the need to have an extra set of eyes on the road when the conditions are questionable,  so  fumbling with  my camera was out.  The landscape was blanketed in white.  It reminded me of a puzzle scene, one we've done at Christmas.  Wonder what's on the radar for Dec. 24, perhaps more snow?  We can only dream...
Our first snowfall
Out my kitchen door
A quick peek up the street as it was coming down

1 comment:

  1. We didn't have anything near that pretty. Glad you made it to Columbia and back. Yesterday I saw a snow-covered field with reindeer -- honestly, it was big bucks and does together with huge racks of horns. A beautiful sight. It was in a place outside of Fayette when I was driving to church. It was down in a low area with a large ditch between so no danger of them going across the road. They were just standing so still as if they were posing for pix and people were stopping taking those pix. It was so neat! And Barry and Pat showed up for our service. That was so nice too -- surprised the heck out of me and Bill! They even ate with us at the 3rd Sunday dinner and when gifts were passed out by everyone, they got them too. We had a good Sunday; I'll bet your program was great as well as the delicious breakfast!!!! Yum Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Ginger & Co All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger